We like to call our Leather Products "Designer" as we use premium leather to make all of our leather products. Many of the same leathers you will find on designer bags, purses, belts, etc. So with that in mind, think about how you would care for those items and apply the same thinking for our products. Good leather care is easy when done right. Investing in a quality leather conditioner is most important. We have found Leather Master Protection Cream and Leather Armore by Bee Naturals to be excellent choices! Routine conditioning along with the leather care tips below will extend the life of your leather for years to come.
General Leather Care Tips
- Try to avoid letting the collar get wet as much as possible.
- Do not put tape on leather! This can remove the finish.
- Do not use any household cleaning products, including baby wipes, on your leather! Only use quality products designed for this purpose.
- Test all products (even those for leather) in a hard to see area before applying generally.
- Keep leather out of direct sunlight. Failure to do this will result in significant fading over time.
- Spills can be soaked up with a sponge or paper towel. Do not scrub spills but clean in a light circular motion.
- Most leathers can be routinely cleaned with water and a lightly damp cotton cloth or sponge. Products are available where deeper cleaning is necessary.
- Clean and protect your leather at least 2 times a year with a quality leather care product.